Friday, May 20, 2011

Cream Of Wheat Cinnabon Flavor.

Cream of wheat is known for not only being around for a long time *Since 1893!* but it is also known for me despising it. I have always dis-liked cream of wheat, all the other members in my family always seem to enjoyed it, i remember asking my mom what it tasted like when i was younger, it only took one spoonful of the original flavor for me to dis-like it. i was always a Sugary Cereal kid not a Bland cream of wheat kid. That to me wasn't being a kid. i felt old eating it. But here i am today Bowing to the feet of the inventor of this flavor of Cream of Wheat. It is literally amazingly sweet. If you have an Aunt Annie's Pretzel shop around you, you will find this flavor very very close if not exactly like the Iced Cinnamon Rasin Pretzel. I stumbled upon this flavor while looking at cereal and oatmeal in the breakfast cereals section of my local market. The flashbacks of the bland taste on my tongue hit me for a moment as i locked eyes with the man on the Cream of Wheat box. He was mocking me, he knew he would get me with this flavor. After my stare down with him i looked down on the box'es artwork and saw a Cinnamon Bun next to a hot bowl of Cream of Wheat. It was the Cinnamon Bun that made me want this. Today i woke up, tore open the packet and put it in a bowl and mixed it with almond milk. Now i want to warn you all, There definitely looks like there would be more in the packet if you were going by the front of the box, i would guess they used maybe 3 packets and water to get that bowl almost overflowing. Either that or 1 packet and a very, very, very, mouse sized bowl. 1 packet is all i could do because it is loaded with sugar, 14g per serving. If you arnt watching your sugar intake however, then dont worry it is pretty low calorie, only 130cal per packet, Filled with vitamins, has 1% fiber *better than nothing!* and 3g of protein. This Flavor of Cream of Wheat will give you that sugar buzz to get through the first half of your day. Yes i know i really got off topic there. So i tore open the packet put it in a bowl with almond milk microwaved it for a minute and took it out, i put too little milk in it so it actually came out kind of like a pancake haha so i added more milk and then it actually looked like Cream of Wheat should. You could tell there was a lot of Cinnamon in their as well witch to me was awesome to see, The best part about the look of it is that the color not only matched the color of the Cream of Wheat on the box, it matched the color of the Cinnamon bun! How cool is that? Next I took a whiff of it and wow! Smells like a Cinnamon bun, then the moment of truth, the flashbacks of the taste of bland Cream of Wheat and the man on the box laughing at me as he forced me to eat more and more and more until i was on Wheat overload. Ok, maybe not that intense but still. The spoon and Cream of wheat touched my tongue and i smiled. THIS IS AMAZING! My taste-buds shouted, do it again! I lifted the spoon again, and again, and again. And then sadly it was gone. i couldn't believe myself, i fell in love with something that i hated as a child. The taste of this is unbelievable and un-matchable. It is creamy, Sugary, and tastes just like a Cinnamon bun. i will forever be a fan of Cream of Wheat. And now me and the man on the box can Exchange Smiles to each other and be friends once and for all. 10/10 for this flavor of Cream of wheat! Well worth the money.

2 comments:

  1. The only way I would eat Cream of Wheat as a kid was if Mom let be drink it with a straw. I was to lazy to spoon it. I liked it thinned with water and a tiny amount of milk. Oh if we were lucky enough to have toast then I dunked it or scouped it with toast.

    ReplyDelete