Thursday, May 19, 2011

Quaker True Delights Hazelnut Latte Instant Oatmeal.

Yesterday was a grocery day so i went down to my local store and checked out some of the new items, usually i love to find new cereals, as im a cereal junkie. This time in the breakfast isle i feasted my eyes on oatmeal. yes oatmeal! I havent bought oatmeal in such a long time because the flavored oatmeals usually dont do it for me and the real oatmeal is too blah. i will come out and say that, regular un-flavored oatmeal is blah... 100% blah. To be honest i was a bit iff'y about buying this oatmeal, i love hazelnut and latte's but in an oatmeal? umm....pass? I bought it anyways just so i could see if i was knocking it too hard in my mind or if it really is worth it. Well here i am this morning. I woke up hungry this morning like i usually do, and the first thing i went for is the True Delights Hazelnut Latte. i pored it into a bowl, still same brown packets that looks like you arnt getting much oatmeal at all, still huge clumps of pure sugar. Nothing different so far. I added my almond milk and threw it in the microwave for a minute. When it was done i took a nice long whiff of it and, WOW is all i can say, it really does smell like a hazelnut latte. I took my first spoonful and was very pleased with the flavor, the warm latte flavor really just hit me very nicely, it was relaxing in a way. I took another bite and OUCH something scratched my throat! I look down and here they put in little hazelnut pieces! Awesome! but i wish i would have known that before i choked! Given, on the box it shows little pieces on top, but i honestly thought that was just to make it look nicer, sort of like when you buy fish and it shows the lemon beside it with the parsley on top. It doesn't really have the lemon or parsely it just makes the picture look better. so fair warning this does have real hazelnut pieces in it so dont choke like i almost did! overall the flavor was very very good the smell was even better. i give this an 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment